***$2500 SIGN ON BONUS*** - Sr. Weekend Maintainance Technician-(6a-6p; Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
Henkel’s leading brands, businesses and functions, paired with our diverse and supportive culture, set you up for success from the start and give you room to grow professionally and personally. As a part of our team, you can pursue your career goals, learn new skills and get the recognition you deserve, while also contributing to a more sustainable future.
- Competitive hourly rate starting at $30-$35/hr and $2.00/hr shift differential for weekend shifts
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance start on day 1
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Employee discount and referral programs
- 401k matching
Job Summary: Execute preventative maintenance and maintain spare parts inventory on all production and facilities equipment, and to maintain, repair, modify, or improve production equipment to assure maximum uptime for manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all general maintenance duties in the plant.
- General upkeep of plant, including painting, light carpentry, changing light bulbs and maintenance of exterior grounds.
- Performs mechanical preventive maintenance duties on all plant production equipment and facilities equipment.
- Review and updates preventive maintenance schedules and communicates changes to maintenance management software.
- Plans and completes mechanical maintenance work orders. This includes all manners of projects from machinery repairs to furniture moving or office modifications.
- Maintain spare parts inventory and lead cycle counting of Maintenance warehouse.
- Purchases goods and materials through the purchasing procurement tool within approved limitations
- Assists senior Maintenance Technicians in completing larger projects.
- Utilizes all safety equipment and follows safety procedures at all times.
- Monitors condition of all fire extinguishers in the plant and takes care of servicing when required.
- Responsible for housekeeping in all maintenance work areas and the facility as needed.
- Performs all assigned tasks as directed by the shift production supervisor/Manager.
- Participates as member of teams as assigned, such spill response, safety, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) programs and reading of blueprints and schematics
- Experience conducting preventative maintenance and work order management
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
- Written Communication - Writes clearly & informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Follows through on commitments
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards and completes work in timely manner
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures
- Dependability - Responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Education and Experience: One year certificate from college or technical school, or 6 months to a year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- To write routine reports and correspondence.
- To speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- To compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- To interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Calibration - Thermocouple, calibration instruments, and chart records.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software, Inventory software, Manufacturing software and Spreadsheet software. Basic computer skills
All Henkel employees are empowered to stop production if someone is in danger and notify their supervisor if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Henkel team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement and pollution prevention opportunities and participating in problem solving teams as necessary.
Associates are faced with many decisions every day. How associates respond is based on an understanding of what is expected of them. Setting expectations should be done at time of hire with regular and frequent reminders during the associate’s tenure. Listed below are some of the items that can be used to help set safety performance expectations
- Following all rules
- Communicating with direct supervisor and/or safety coordinator/team regarding potential injury exposures or ideas for reducing injury exposures.
- Understanding that they have a responsibility to act safely.
- Report injury symptoms early to prevent them from becoming more severe.
- Understand when and how to use personal protective equipment and follow use guidelines.
- Participate in facility safety teams (5-S, JSA, BBS, Ergonomics, Incident Investigation, etc.)
- Know and understand the SHE requirement of the jobs you perform
- Report to work fit for duty without impairment from drugs, medications or other influences.
- Maintain a proper level of safety awareness to do your job without causing injury to yourself or your co-workers
- Ensure that you are engaging in proper work practices and behavior at all times
- Actively participate in Henkel’s safety programs and, as required, in a risk assessment of your job
- Continually review your work environment for hazards which could lead to an injury or incident, and properly initiate corrective action
- Immediately correct improper SHE practices being performed by co-workers, contractors and visitors
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area at all times.
- Promptly report all injuries, suspected injuries and SHE incidents to a supervisor
- Immediately notify your supervisor if the resources or authority required to correct any known SHE deficiency is not available to you
- Create an environment of openness, trust and mutual respect, permitting every employee to excel in SHE performance