$1000 Hiring Bonus
Starting pay based on experience, plus $1 shift differential
Schedule can allow for 4-5 days off in a row
On-the-job training provided
No travel-all work done in our shop
Who are we? Located in Brandon, South Dakota, Marmen Energy is a well-established company recognized worldwide for the quality of its products, and is also known as one the largest wind tower manufacturers in North America. Who can work at Marmen Energy? You, especially if you want to join a dynamic team, push back your limits and truly enjoy your job.
What will we do for you? Marmen Energy offers job security and great benefits for full-time employees and eligible part-time employees, including: Life insurance/AD&D, medical plans, dental plans, vision plan, long term and short term disability insurance, 401K, holidays, paid time off, unpaid personal days and company-paid uniforms. Our healthcare insurance package is very competitive with a lower cost than average. We offer job-specific training and advancement opportunities in a stimulating, fast-paced environment where you can progress every day.
In some cases, Marmen Energy will reimburse moving expenses for new employees.
In this position, you will install various components inside a wind tower section, in our shop in Brandon, SD. You will put parts together one by one while using different methods to build a product that matches our high quality standards.
For this role, you must be able to:
- Prepare and assemble various components inside a tower section such as : bus-bar systems, platforms, ladders, mechanical components, etc.
- Pre-assemble the hardware used for the platforms assembly, ladders, etc.
- Cut and prepare electric cables.
- Drill holes in the aluminum trays to attach the neon lights and electrical boxes.
- Assemble parts in preparation for the lift.
- Perform final inspection of each section and install a tarp at each end of the section.
- Complete the quality documentation required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor such as : perform various touch-ups, clean the sections, etc.
Must be able to:
- Wear a tight-fitting respirator.
- Climb stairs and ladders; work at heights.
- Lift and carry between 30-50 pounds.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Bend, kneel, squat, twist, reach.
- Work above shoulders.
- Tolerate exposure to weather, hot/cold environments.
- Work on rotating shifts.
- Relevant training.