Brandon Valley Media Group, L.L.C. is the parent company of two print publications, the Brandon Valley Journal, a paid weekly community newspaper, and our shopper, the Brandon Valley Trader, in the thriving community of Brandon, S.D. The coverage area of these products is the Brandon Valley School District, which includes the communities of Brandon, Valley Springs, Corson, Rowena and Eastern Sioux Falls.
Brandon Valley Media Group, LLC (Brandon Valley Journal/Brandon Valley Trader/www.brandonvalleyjournal.com) is seeking a talented, enthusiastic and outgoing reporter/photographer to contribute in the publication process (both print and digital) of the 14 to 16-page weekly newspaper, sister shopper and website, in addition to a variety of special sections throughout the year.
This is a full-time salaried position, with night coverage of meetings and events, and also some weekend assignments, when required. Hours will reflect these assignments.
• Strong reporting/writing skills and ability to seek out local
news, sports and feature stories, as well as photo opportunities.
• Ability to shoot compelling photographs.
• Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and pagination.
• Familiarity with website management and use of social media.
• A team-like attitude is essential.
• Must be organized, have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license/insurance.
• Ability to interact with all facets of the community.
Please email/send resume to Jill Meier, General Manager/ Editor at email@example.com or
P.O. Box 842
Brandon, SD 57005
or to learn more, call (605) 582-9999.